Saturday, May 30, 2009

Like the first robin in the spring....


Despite the number of Parisians still wearing wool coats, leather boots, gloves, and scarves, I'm convinced that the warm weather is here to stay. Most of the spring flowers are gone and in their place are roses and tropeziennes, the sandals pictured here, in every color in the rainbow plus silver and gold. They seem to be the perfect accessory to a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt (which in French are "un jeans" and "un t-shirt.") Originally produced by just two shoemakers in St. Tropez, they have gone in and out of style over the years, making a big comeback last season. Wear them and feel like a glamour girl just like the others who wore them before including Colette, Marlene Dietrich, Romy Schneider, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, and of course, Carla Bruni.

3 comments:

starman1695 said...

I can tell you from my many years of experience in France, it doesn't matter what the temperature might be (unless it's extremely cold or hot) there will be people wearing nothing but T-shirts while others are wearing winter coats.

Virginia said...

Well thank heavens someone else has noticed the plethora of winter gear still being worn. I arrived from Alabama last Sunday with the expected black wardrobe but some sandals, bright scarves etc. Who knew that the fashion capital of the world would still be decked out in wool jackets, leather, and winter scarves? I've been diving into the suitcase for DRAB! By the end of this week I had to resort to sandals from all the walking. THe few sandals I've seen have been accompanied by winter ensembles. Maybe spring has not quite arrived in Paris despite last week's "heat wave"???

I should have known I'd be out of the loop no matter how hard I tried!

Anne said...

Virginia: Wear what you like. You could buy everything here and they would still know that you're American.

Related Posts with Thumbnails