Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moon Over My Courtyard


It started raining Sunday and it was supposed to rain all week. But yesterday we got a bit of a respite, perfect for my first Wednesday of the month hike in the countryside. We had some sun, some brief light showers, some wind, and even one magnificant rainbow. Regrettably my photos didn't begin to do it justice. But this is what I saw when I looked out the bathroom window around 7:15 am. The moon here looks like I photo-shopped it. I promise I did not.

6 comments:

Starman said...

Why is it always so dark in Paris at 07h00? It's quite light here at that time. Many times I've actually watched the sunrise in Paris on webcams, while having to close my blinds to keep out the sun.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie in toronto said...

Lovely Anne....it's dark here now at 5.30pm and still dark until around 7oclock in the morning...
Starman..you are further east but in the same time zone..so lucky you.

jonnifer said...

Starman: You're also at a much lower latitude. The nice thing is that it stays light in the summer in Paris till 10 pm. But we pay for it in the winter.

Shelli said...

That full moon hanging over Paris is so cool. Although I was pretty sure it was full on Monday night, (http://areweinparisyet.blogspot.com/2009/11/gorgeous-goodies-edible-and-otherwise.html) so yours is on the wane I guess.

But here's the major thing: you have a window in your bathroom?!? With a view?!? Well, not an airshaft...

On the other hand, you're up in the dark at 7:15 am. Fair is fair.

Anne said...

Shelli and Gene: Kids and work. But that's life. The bathroom window is frosted anyway and you have to open it to look out. So I rarely do it. I'm sure my neighbors appreciate that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails