Monday, March 22, 2010

Vehicles of Paris, Part 20


Now if you're going to brave the traffic on the Champs Elysées, shouldn't you do it in style? On the other hand, this car, which I think dates from the late 1920s, is a very expensive toy (as in the neighborhood of 100,000 euros). Would you risk that kind of investment in Paris traffic?

But as they say, the rich are different from you and me.

Note: I took this picture two months ago when the temperatures were frigid; you can't quite tell that from the photo but to me, it added to the devil-may-care attitude that this driver exuded simply driving this car.

5 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Gorgeous! We have lots of vintage car collectors around here but I have never seen one quite like this!

debbie in toronto said...

there is a song by Marianne Faithfull about riding thru Paris with the wind in your hair...this picture sums it up.

F Cameron said...

Fantastic Bugatti!

When we were at Mont Ventoux several years ago, we watched a road rally. Lots of vintage sports cars, the Bugatti showing was pretty amazing.

Cameron

Starman said...

Reminds me of the first winter when I had a convertible. I insisted on driving with the top down.

Kristal said...

now that is posh ! :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails