Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vehicles of Paris: Part 24


I've long stopped looking for vehicles to photograph but somehow they just keep popping up. This was the biggest truck mounted hydraulic access platform I've seen in Paris. (And aren't you impressed that I knew what to call it? Google is a wonderful thing!) At any rate, it was awfully darn big. And it was even more impressive because, since the truck was parked on a small incline, it had to be jacked up to keep the whole thing level.



I couldn't figure out what they were doing up on top of the roof or why someone didn't just scramble out of one of those top floor windows to do it. They did create quite a stir; for once, I wasn't the only one taking pictures! Whatever it was, it must have cost a pretty penny.

3 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Wow, that is a monster truck and I am impressed that you knew what it is called! I shudder to think what driving that thing through the streets of Paris would be like!

Interesting 2 photos.

À bientôt!

Starman said...

Those are so clever.

Paris Paul said...

In all my years here, I've never seen anything quite like this. It looks as though they may be installing one of those new "security cameras"... Just a guess.

Related Posts with Thumbnails